Wednesday, January 2, 2013

More December + San Diego

We got out some of Holden's toys for Brooklyn to play with. She loves eating the elephants nose! 
 
Holden got a bike and bike helmet for his birthday. We didn't get it out until just barley and he has been obsessed with sitting on it and wearing his helmet.

 
He loves to put Grandma's glasses on.
 
Holden took a bath at about 3 in the afternoon. He woke up from his nap super cranky and I needed to not hear whining. A bath and paints fixed the problem!

 
Brooklyn got this shirt from her aunt Jessie.
 
At nap time Holden started crying and rubbing his eyes. I thought that he was tired so, we read story's and I put him down. He slept for about 30 minutes before he was up crying again. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I finally decided that something was in his eye that we couldn't get out. We went to the eye doctor and found out that he had a large scratch on his left eye. Poor tough kid. All the nurses kept telling me how badly this hurts. One of the nurses gave Holden a sticker (which he normally doesn't care for) after the appointment. He was so proud of his sticker. He kept it on for most of the day.


 
On the 21st we headed to San Diego for a couple of days. This was the first flight that Holden has his own seat and he loved it. He liked looking out the window and seeing all the other planes. He read all the sky magazines and safety brochures.
 
Brooklyn was perfect on her first flight. Didn't make a single fuss!
 
Once we got into the rental car both the kids were so tired they passed out within minutes. I sat in the car with them while the family went and got some lunch.
 
At dinner the first night Holden was coloring with Conor's markers. He was smelling them and ended up with purple marker all over his lip.
 
Snuggling with the Dad after breakfast. Russell was in heaven!
 
We got to go to Sea World. Our first stop was the kids rides. Holden wasn't too sure at first, but then he freaked out when it was time to get off.
 


 
Next stop the dolphin show. We all loved it!
 
 
We went and looked at the dolphin's after the show. Holden pointed to them and said "woow"

 
Holden and I went and visited the rays while Jana and Russell went and rode the roller coaster. They were slimy. Holden's face was soaking wet from him splashing.
 
Holden loves his cousin! Jax got kissed A LOT!
 
Next stop lunch with Shamu. Super Awesome. The whales were so close and amazing!

 


 
The shark tank. "Ooo" "Woooow"

 
The two handsome men! Holden was insisting on wearing Russell's glasses.
 
Brooklyn slept pretty much the entire time we were at the park. She was one tired girl!
 
Jana and Craig's Christmas card... Ha!
 
Holden finally couldn't stay awake another minute. He missed out on the walrus and beluga whales.
 
As we were getting ready to leave this man came out with this rescued alligator. He is seven years old and get get up to 14 feet long.
 
Dinner at Morton's. Mom gave the kids some toys to play with while we ate dinner. Holden loved play with Layla and Conor.



 
Our flight home on Christmas eve was pretty uneventful. I am so glad I have these two happy babies!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment