Saturday, September 7, 2013

Oregon Trip

We took a road trip up to the Oregon Coast. I was oh so nervous about having the kids in the car for such a long time. We stocked up on new toys and a DVD player. On the way up the kids were awesome. Holden watched Toy Story2 on repeat. 

We took a little break for some fresh air and a snack.

 

 
We visited the farmers market in Portland. The kids had a balloon made for them.


Nap time at the hotel. Holden put all of his toys under the blanket. You can see the helicopter pocking out. Oh, he makes me smile.

 
We visited and aquarium in New Port Beach. Holden went fishing (for fake fish) and bought them at the cash register.


Brooklyn was fascinated by the jelly fish and octopus.


 
We had lots of beach time. The babies were a giant mess! Holden kept asking to play in the "big sand box"






Russell put the kids to bed this night. I came to tell him and I found him passed out with the kids!

We took a mini road trip to visit the tillamock cheese factory. I am so glad that the kids enjoyed watching shows!





Holden LOVED the cheese car. He got so upset when he had to get out to share with other people. The kid still loves to drive!


We watched the assembly line for a few minutes. Pretty impressive! We also got to taste all different kinds of cheese and ice cream.
 
 
 
After we got back to the condo, Russell and I wanted to watch our ReAL play soccer. This was my view for most of the game.

The bridge to New Port was so awesome. The family went down to the beach to play and I stayed up on the road to try and get Brooklyn to take a little nap. The view was beautiful (the baby and the ocean!)


 






 

We went and visited the tide pools. We thought Holden would love it, but he didn't really care. He touched one star fish and was over it. The cobble beach was so awesome!



 


 
We went shopping at the outlet mall. The kids and Russell got some new clothes and I got a new purse. I was one VERY happy girl!

I was admiring Brooklyn's thick little back side. She was so tired, she could hardly walk.

Russell put the kids down for nap time. I love to see him with the kiddos!

 
In New Port we rented a boat and a few crab pots and went fishing. We had such a time. I had the hardest time waiting for 15 minutes until we could pull the pot back out of the water. Noah and I pulled our first crab out of the pot.



I didn't got out on the boat, but they got way more crabs than we did off the dock.
Baby Brooklyn hung out in the stroller with Tanner.
Cooking time. We put the live crabs in a boiling pot of water and cooked them. I watch the cleaning part. It was pretty gross. I tried our cooked crab too. Not a fan!
Russell took the picture. I was trying to get Holden to eat some lunch and the little birds, Brooklyn and Tanner, were right there asking for bites.
 
We celebrated Brooklyn and Tanner's birthday with the traditional spaghetti.





 
Present time!
 

 








 

We got the kids a chocolate cake from the local grocery store. We were laughing at how it was decorated. I think it was safe to say that Brooklyn enjoyed herself!








 
Holden enjoyed the cake too!


After cake the kids went straight into the tub!
 
 
 
John rode from Oregon to Boise with us on the way home. Brooklyn cried the ENTIRE time. By the time we made it to Boise John was so ready to be done!
Brooklyn sleeping in Boise. She was so tired. Look at how she is cuddling the sheep! Sweet!
When we were with in 10 minutes of home Holden said "Holden done ride in mom's car" We all had to agree with him! Over all the vacation was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment