Saturday, August 27, 2011

Last weekend we went up to Flaming Gorge to camp and boat. It was Holden's first camping trip and he did so great. He cryed one night a couple of times, but other than that he laughed and hung out the entire time. After we got camp all set up we got started on cooking a yummy dinner. The next day we went and floated down the river. Holden stayed back at camp with Russells aunt. Russell told me that I couldnt bring the camera on the river because it would get wet. But then his mom was telling me that the river was mild and Holden could come...didnt make since to me. With in the first five minutes of being on the raft Russell pulled me into the freezing water. It was so cold I could talk to tell him to get me out. Then I got the bright idea to try and push Russell in and I got pulled in again. After we were all good and cooled off the rest of the float was BEAUTIFUL!

Holden wanted to get down and play, but I wouldnt let him sit in the dirt. So, we went and played in Jessie and Boyd's tent. He was having a great time rolling around.



King Holden sitting in the middle of the table while everyone else made cowboy dinners. eemmm.



Uncle Mike, Carol and Holden sitting around by the fire at camp.



Jessie getting a quick drink while cooking dinner. Jessie and I made chicken shishkabobs(?).



Boyd grilling our dinner. They came out YUMMY!


Holden sitting on his grandma's lap after dinner. He was so tired and still so good!



Russell, Me and Holden hanging out on the beach while the kids were out on the boat. About an hour after we got everything all set up it started raining and got freezing cold.



Holden putting his toes in the cold water. He doesnt look like he is enjoying himself, but he was having so much fun. He kept trying to sit down so that he could splash. I wouldnt let him sit down because I could see the clouds rolling in.


Our toes :)


I love Flaming Gorge. So beautiful!


Grandma and Grandpa sitting under the sun umbrella to shield themselves from the rain while getting warm by the fire. It was freezing!


Russell taking a nap in the rain.



Joe tickling Grandma's ear with a weed. He did it a couple of times before she figured out what was going on. HA!



We enjoyed one sunny day on the river and two freezing rainy days on the beach. It was too cold for me to get in the water. The kids got in several times and were pretty blue. It was a fun camping trip!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun trip!! The pics are great and I hope that one day you will take me there ha ha. I love the picture of your and Holden's toes! Soooo cute. Dad's toes = Your toes + Holdens toes (oh and + Russ's toes)!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE fun little getaways with the family!! Holden looks like he was so so happy the whole time! That makes the vacation even better!

    ReplyDelete