Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Some sad, but good news. Last Friday I was diagnosed as pre-diabetic. SAD!! I was pretty much at a loss for words. There is NO diabetes in my family!! I didn't realize it then, but I ate a LOT of sugar (candy). I have since cut all sweets out of my diet. (my candy cravings went away after about 4 days) The week following the diagnosis I was absolutely a MESS! I was shaky, sweaty, dizzy, and worst of all my brain went completely stupid. I am now eating the South Beach Diet, which is amazing! Everyone should be eating this way. Basically you stay away from white flour, Idaho potatoes, candy and soda. Not bad!!! I will never eat anything that has "enriched flour" in it ever again. At first, I wanted to kill myself. I felt like everything at the store had enriched flour and sugar in it. I have learned that I just have to look a bit harder and choose the stuff that I have never seen before. Like vegi's. :) I have found some blogs that have really good food recipes. I am feeling pretty good about the switch. I am better at planning meals and cooking, since I am eating about 6 meals a day! I seriously don't want diabetes, so thank you for the wake up call doctor!!!

2 comments:

  1. ooohhh myyyy GOOOSSSHHH. i NEVER, EVER thought I would hear those words slip out of your mouth!! i am soo proud of you sister! I knew you could do it and I knew that once you did, you would be so so happy and feel so much better. you are the best. I miss you. now all you need to do is try running and give it a chance for a few weeks and all of a sudden you are going to turn in to MEEE!! :o) xoxoxo i love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found that out! How scary! I need you to teach me some good recipies...I hope to get feeling better myself!

    ReplyDelete