Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I voulenterred to make to make my brother and Jana's wedding cake. I have never made a wedding cake before, but I did take a cake class last summer to learn. Jessie, Russells sister has made several wedding cakes so I asked for her help. She is good at cakes! Jana and Craig came over to the house to discuss what they wanted with us-three tears, bottom chocolate, middle white cake and top funfetti. The outside was to have frest flowers, but the rest was up to us. The saturday before the wedding it took us all day to get the cakes mixed, poured, baked, cooled and stored for later covering. The house smelt really good!

Jessie getting the middle tear of the cake covered in fondant. By this point I had already done the first tear and forgot to take pictures.

Jessie getting the bottom tear covered in frosting while I rolled out the fondant to cover it with. The bottom tear was chocolate cake with a peanut butter filling and chocolate frosting. I dont like peanut butter so I didnt have any, but everyone said it was really good.



Me smoothing out the fondant on the bottom tear. We waited to cut the extra fondant off so that we wouldnt get chocolate frosting on the white fondant.


We transported the cake as 3 separate cakes and assembled the cake at the reception site. Jessie is measuring where to place the support doles.



Jessie holding ribbon on the cake waiting for me to hurry an take the picture. I am so happy that she loves the decoration part. (it stresses me out) She was having so much fun.


The final product. Jana and Craig choose a T as their cake topper. Jessie decorated the cake with flowers and frilly stuff.



I think that we did a pretty great job. Especially for my first cake :)



Jessie and I make a pretty good team. I like to do all the frosting and fondant part, which stresses Jessie out. And she likes to do the decorating which stresses me out.

1 comment:

  1. Sister,

    I still look at all these pictures and it makes me SOOO proud of you. Gosh, if I only had the time and talent to do that like you do. You seriously ACED their wedding with cakes, flowers, and EVERYTHING else you did. I miss you so much already! LOVEYOU!

    ReplyDelete