There are tons of pics so watch out!
We left SLC at 8 am to head south on Thanksgiving day. These pictures are of our first hike in hidden canyon. This is Taylor (Jessica) I always call here that so if I type Tay instead of Jess you will know who I am talking about. Anyway this is her sitting at the top of the trail before we turned the corner and entered the canyon.
Dad and Craig on the trail of hidden canyon.
Us posing for a picture.
Us three at the mouth of hidden canyon.
The TURKEY dinner!!!! We ate at a restaurant called Parallel Eighty Eight. The dinner was called Mom's turkey dinner, and it was YUMMY. The best part about it was that the gave seconds on what ever you wanted.
Taylor, Jana and Craig
Russell and Me.
...and the food!
Dad and Alisa.
This is the beginning of our hike up Angel's Landing. The hike took us 3.5 hours round trip in we climbed 1488 vertical feet. The top of this cliff is not even a 1/4 of the way up.
A cool tree. I noticed this tree on a bunch of the Internet sites so, I wanted a picture of it too.
This part of the trail is called the wiggles and it starts more up after you make it to the top of the cliff in the picture of Russell and Me above. We tried to stagger ourselves so you could tell. There is a better picture below that we took when we were coming back down.
Still climbing up. This is where I started to get really nervous. Can you see the huge drop?
Tay, Alisa, Jana, Sumer (my step sister) and Craig.
K, so this part my heart was racing. You can kind of get the effect, but not really. The trail is 2.5-3 feet wide with 1000 foot drop on either side of you and all you have to hold on to is that little chain.......SCARY!!!!!
Me getting close to the top. This is a pic of Russell and Me. He is on the ledge below. The next picture is zoomed in so you can see him ;)
Russell decided not to hike the last 1/2 mile of the hike. He is a little red dot in the picture. If you zoom in you can see him about 1/4 down from the top.
And here is the top. The view was 360 degrees. You could see the river, which looked tiny, and the hidden canyon trail. Again 1400 foot cliffs all around!
Us heading back down. Dad and Craig doing some scrambling with the cliff at your feet!
All of us back with Russell and Shelby (younger step sister). I love this picture of all 9 of us, it turned out so well. Oh and Russell and I found our hiking shoes for 50% off and we were glad to have them!
Another super scary part in the trail. I was sitting on the edge of a 1200 foot cliff. So Stupid, but so cool. I was scared out of my mind.
Dad took a picture of me being crazy! I had a death grip on that chain.
Here is the top view of the wiggles.
This picture is of the switch backs that are on that very first picture were Russell and I are standing at the bottom of the cliff. Dad and Craig are standing smiling for their picture and all the girls are down lower.
We were on the top of that cliff, out on the point....CRAZY!
Russell trying to get his over his head! HAHA! It was a tight squeeze.
Me trying to get my hand in the sleeve. They had really tight rubber around the ankles and wrists. I was in the middle of saying "my hand wont come out" when Russell took the pic.

I love you babe!

All of us all dressed and ready for the hike. I know you love my teal ear warmer! For some reason I seem to loose all my normal colored ones. I have had this teal one for like 10 years. So make fun all you want, its the only one I could find at the last minute!

Us standing in the river at the start of the hike.

Right after this part we were in water up to our waist and completely dry!

The canyon was sooooooooooooooo beautiful! Russell took this pic.

Us in the canyon. I am so glad they gave us the sticks. They came in handy several time as we were walking up a river!
I love you babe!
All of us all dressed and ready for the hike. I know you love my teal ear warmer! For some reason I seem to loose all my normal colored ones. I have had this teal one for like 10 years. So make fun all you want, its the only one I could find at the last minute!
Us standing in the river at the start of the hike.
Right after this part we were in water up to our waist and completely dry!
The canyon was sooooooooooooooo beautiful! Russell took this pic.
Us in the canyon. I am so glad they gave us the sticks. They came in handy several time as we were walking up a river!
Looks like a lot of fun!!!
ReplyDeleteI love Zions!! I would go there every year and hike Angels landing, but that's the only one I've ever done, funny since I lived SO CLOSE! I love all the pictures! We should all make a trip down there someday!!
ReplyDeletehaha you're not stupid! Okay so first you need to decide what background you like, you can find them on alot of different sites, just look on a blog and on the top left hand corner you'll see a button for a layout page, like S&S or cutest blog on the blog or scrappinblogs.blogspot.com, then when you find the background you love click on it get copy the code or sometime the code for the background will be underneath the background and then go to your layout. Click on add a gadget, click on HTML/javascript, then paste your code, click save, viola! Let me know if that makes sense.
ReplyDelete